понедельник, 1 декабря 2008 г.

Differences between Kazakhstan and UK curricula development

Key expert Martin Gibson
On my second visit to the country I was asked to give my opinion on the key differences between professional standards in use in Kazakhstan as compared to the UK…not easy to do after such a short time in the country. But on the basis of a small sample of the Kazakhstan standards and discussions with many of those involved in redrafting the standards I produced a brief paper which I hope helps to answer the question. The starting point to understanding the differences seems to me to be the extent to which employers influence the standards and this in part stems from the different purposes of the standards. (In the UK for instance the occupational standards are used for recruitment, in assessing employee performance as well as a basis for training.)
I hope the paper proves informative but if you need more information or want to discuss any points please contact Aigul Khazzanova.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий